History of Cary Internal Medicine
Cary Internal Medicine & The Diabetes Center was established in 1979 by Fred C. Oliver, MD. He practiced medicine until his retirement in June of 2001. It remains the oldest medical practice to continue providing medical care in Cary.
The practice was obtained by Vijay K. Juneja, MD and Prashant K. Patel, MD in February, 2000, and they have been providing excellent medical care to the community since that time.
Meet The Staff Physicians
Vijay K. Juneja, MD
Dr. Juneja received his Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery degree from Government Medical College in India in December, 1989. His residency was completed at Jersey Shore Medical Center in Neptune, New Jersey. Before beginning his practice here in Cary, he was an attending physician at Carolina Medical Associates in Charlotte, NC.
Dr. Juneja is a board certified internist with the American Board of Internal Medicine and is a member of the American College of Physicians, the American Medical Association, and The North Carolina Medical Society. He is also recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance for excellence in diabetes management and for high-quality treatment of patients who suffer from cardiovascular diseases and/or stroke related disorders.
Prashant K. Patel, MD
Dr. Patel received his Bachelors of Science degree at the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education at the City College of New York. He was in an accelerated seven year BS/MD program and completed his Doctorate in Medicine at the State University of New York at Stony Brook, Long Island, New York. His residency was completed at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City, Iowa. Before beginning his practice here in Cary, he was an attending physician at Dove Internal Medicine/Union Regional Medical Center in Monroe, North Carolina. Dr. Patel is a board certified internist with the American Board of Internal Medicine and is also a member of the American College of Physicians, the American Medical Association, and the North Carolina Medical Society.
Achievements & News
- National Committee for Quality Assurance – Recognized for Excellence in Diabetes Care
- National Committee for Quality Assurance – Recognized for Excellence in Heart/Stroke Care
- American Medical Association – Physicians Recognition Award
- Leadership Council for Improving Cardiovascular Care, Washington , DC
- Leadership Council – American Diabetes Association, North Carolina
- North Carolina Association of Physicians of Indian Origin – Continuing Medical Education Committee, Executive Committee, Member at Large
- Physician’s Advisory Board for Major Health Insurance Company, North Carolina
- News & Observer – Article 12-30-05 “Quality Counts as Insurers Rate Doctors”
- NCB 17 – Flu Shot Story 12-5-05
- The Holly Springs Sun – Article “Diabetes” 9-15-05
- The Cary News – Article “Cary Docs Look to Head Off Diabetes” 9-10-05
© 2018 Cary Internal Medicine. All Rights Reserved.